Saturday, December 26, 2009

feliz navidad.

The holidays were definitely the hardest time to be away from my family and loved ones. The peek of my sadness was probably when I left out milk and cookies for Santa in my room and he didn’t come. I think he got lost on Madrid’s metro…

Anyway, here’s what went down during my holidays on this side of the Atlantic.

For Hannukah my friend Liza and I made latkes (of course!) I have no idea how my mom grates enough potatoes for the 40 plus people at our annual Hannukah party. My arm hurt after only six.



But they were delicious.


Homemade applesauce was also included.


We had some snow on Monday. Closest I have ever been to a white Christmas. Yes, I did run upstairs for my camera on my way to school.


Christmas would not be complete without a Starbucks Christmas cup!



Christmas Eve is a bigger deal for Spaniards. My Spain family had a big dinner with extended family that ended with a karaoke session until 2 a.m. Spanish kids actually get most of their presents on January 6th from the Wise Men or Reyes Magos.

Although I didn’t get to be with my family, I got to see my best friend and her family.



I went back to the oldest restaurant in the world for Christmas dinner with the Carellas.


This time I ordered partridge (mostly because of the “partridge in a pear tree” festiveness). It was pretty good – just tasted like dark meat chicken in a stew-ish sauce.


Eventually I somehow got a stocking from Santa and I was at my family’s Christmas morning over video chat so all was merry.

1 comment:

  1. Hey it is really very nice and beautiful post from you. I like the frank understanding you have made here for all bloggers. Thanks for support.

    dsi r4

    ReplyDelete