Sunday, September 20, 2009

yum.

Before coming to Spain everyone told me I was going to eat the best food of my life. Sorry to disappoint, but for my first month here I have been in dorms with horrible food and have basically eaten only fruit and bread. Now that I am in my homestay things are bound to change. But in the meantime, here are the few very yummy foods I have come across here in tapas land.

My all time favorite place is Cerveceria 100 Montaditos. The 100 stands for 100 sandwiches. Montaditos has mini sandwiches (bocadillos) for 1.20 euro. Its seriously fantastic! Not to mention super cheap. They come with chips and a cute outdoor alley to eat in.

I got the tomato and cheese and fruit and cheese. SOOO BUENO.


Normal people eat two or three bocadillos. Not mis amigos. Contest to see who can eat 6 fastest, anyone?


As far as tapas, so far I haven't had much I have loved. Sorry bout it. They eat a ton of ham here. Seriously, they’re obsessed. This though, queso a la plancha, was more or less a great salad with melted cheese. The cherry tomatoes were the perfect touch but the best part was the sweet balsamic vinegarette.


And for dessert? Even though nothing can ever take the place of my dear midnight yoland, the Spanish version is pretty sweet. Churros and chocolate is open till 5 am at Chocolateria San Gines.


It's different than you would expect, the churros don't have cinnamon sugar like Mexican style and the chocolate is super dark. It's pretty delicious.



The place is packed. But what else do you have to do after a night out when you are waiting for the metro to open at 6 am so you can go home and sleep? Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment