Sunday, November 29, 2009

gracias!

"GRACIAS!!!!"

And a hug.

That was how I was greeted by my Spain mom last Thursday morning aka Thanksgving aka el Día de Acción de Gracias.

What was the first thing I did on this American holiday? Went to the American food store in Madrid of course! This is one of two (supposedly the better one). All I know is seeing boxes of cake mix, bagels, Newman's salad dressing, pop tarts, sprinkles, goldfish, etc. etc. was awesome!


4 items = 20 euro = 30 dollars. Wow.



Next step: profesh decorations. Complete with turkey hands of course!



My Spain mom was super nice and made us a turkey. Mmmm! It definitely didn't taste like it was her first time making it. Here in Spain they stuff Turkey with fruit.



The stuffing we got from Taste of America in the box wasn't very good but the meal besides that was great! Much better than the program Thanksgiving dinner we had Wednesday at a fancy restaurant with the teachers where they just served us a bunch of alcohol to cover up the fact that they didn't know how to cook a Thanksgiving feast...

Here's Mia making some mashed potatoes. Her speciality.


We made everyone a leaf on which to write what they were thankful for.


Holidays away from home are definitely hard. But I am so thankful I had my Spain family and best friend.

1 comment:

  1. Its cool post. I am impressed here through best writing and understanding lesson about the food making strategies those you are applying for. Thanks,..
    buy dsi r4

    ReplyDelete